Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Remembering

Today was my Grandmother's birthday.  If she was still here she would have been 96 years old!  Grandma has been gone for two years now.  She passed away on Mother's Day morning.  We joked that Grandma had a thing about holidays.  Many, many  years ago she had a heart attack on Christmas morning! 

I still miss Grandma so much and guess I always will.  I hope at times she can look down on us to see Ava, see our happy times.  She was such a great lady.  At 91 she was still working in her yards!  She could out do me any day.  She took great pride in growing things and keeping her yard looking nice.She was also a good cook.  I remember as a child going to her house for Sunday dinner.  Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and homemade buttermilk biscuits.  Yum!  At Christmas she would fix fruit cake, cheese straws, and dressing.  My mom still uses her dressing recipe today.

I was very blessed to have her for a grandmother and be able to have her in my life for so long.   Grandma went to church faithfully and read her Bible each day.  She clipped coupons before it was all the rage!   She made quite an impression on all that knew her.  Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments: